February 6, 2009

Recipe Swap Friday - Swedish Pancakes

One of my best friends is Swedish. Growing up her family would always be making and eating Swedish food - Ligonberry Jam, etc. For my wedding she gave me her Grandpa's Swedish Pancake recipe! Yummy.



You should try out the recipe too. It is yummy! They are fluffier than pancakes... more like a crepe!

4 Eggs
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Flour
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Sugar

Mix all ingredient together. It will not look like regular pancake batter. This batter is much more soup like. Pour using a Ladle or Measuring Cup (1/2) into a well greased frying pan. Cook over medium heat – flop over and serve with a variety of toppings. Roll and Enjoy!

Toppings we like:
- Butter and Syrup
- Jam
- Butter and Powdered Sugar
- Peanut Butter and Syrup

Makes approximately 10 pancakes

4 comments:

Kirsten Alana said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I didn't know you had a best friend who was Swedish! So am I! My mom grew up making these every Saturday and while I don't do it every Saturday I do make these at least once a month. They are the thing I can cook best. And my favorite food in the world :-) hehe

Anyway, at long last...the full preview of Jess and Nick's session:
http://visible-images.com/blog/index.php/archives/599
Enjoy!!!!! :-)

Kari said...

My daddy used to make these. We, of course, called them Norwegian pancakes--because they ate them when he was growing up in Norway. :)
We ate them with butter and sugar.

Abi Travis said...

Katy! I made these Sunday morning...and then again this morning. We had them in my English class last year, and they are delicious. And incredibly simple to make. Thanks for the recipe!

Kirsten Alana said...

UPDATE UPDATE!!

Oh, and I'm doing a giveaway
http://visible-images.com/blog/index.php/archives/651