November 2, 2011

Thankful November 2011


Last year my friend Kate was issued a challenge on her Facebook to post something she was grateful for each day during the month of November. I quickly jumped on the opportunity to join her in that quest and as most challenges go, it was hard but so very rewarding all at the same time. You can read about my 2010 experiences here.

This year I am issuing the challenge to myself and any one of my friends who reads this blog and wants to make Facebook a place to display their gratitude this November.

In my Wednesday evening Bible Class we are reading through the popular novel, One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp. Anne challenges us to live every day fully right where we are. She challenges her readers to see the world with a thankful eye and allow that view to transform us. The power of gratitude is great and when you embrace it it can do marvelous things for you.

So, I challenge you to adopt Thankful November and start keeping track of the little and big things in life that you are thankful for. Please consider joining the journey for the next 30 days!

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." -- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: