January 8, 2010

Preparing for Week 2

Last Night I had some down time and decided to raid the freezer, fridge and pantry and make a list. Once A Month Mom has a really great checklists that you can open in google documents and print out. This is also the source for the planned February Re-Pack the Freezer Extravaganza!

After making my checklist I then came up with the following meals for the rest of the month:

- Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
- Black Bean and Ham Soup
- Pork Roast with Mashed Potatoes
- Corn Chowder with Bacon Bits and Muffins
- Chicken Chili
- Nachos
- Breakfast for Dinner (Waffles or Pancakes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Hobo Stew (make 2 freeze one - use Eckrich sausage, green beans, mushrooms, onions and cream of mushroom soup)
- Turkey Tettrazini
- Turkey with Stuffing and Hashbrowns
- Potato Chowder
- Steak Stir Fry (using steak and frozen onions and peppers)
- Lasagna (make 2 freeze one)
- Chicken Alfredo (Frozen Bertolli)
- Manicotti (Frozen)
- Black Bean Casserole (make 2 freeze one)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tostitos Chips
- Pizza (Frozen BBQ Chicken from California Pizza Kitchen)

This morning I headed out to the store to buy the odd and end products that I will need to make all these meals and spent $13.26. Here is what I got. The pudding is for a dessert I am making to bring to a party we have tonight.

That leaves me with $61 for the rest of the month. I think we can do it. I only anticipate needing to get stuff to host Life Group for 14 people in 2 weeks, tortillas for the Black Bean Casserole, milk, fruit and bread.

I linked to the recipes. If you see something on here you want to try and it doesn't have the link just let me know and I will try and get you the recipe soon. Stay tuned for more adventures and keep me accountable!

No comments: