June 17, 2009

The Drug Store Game

This is my first week to really "play" the "Drug Store Game" CVS and Walgreens each have their own "rewards system". CVS has an extra care card. If you don't have one of these sign up TODAY! It allows you to get all the deals at CVS, printable coupons and Extra Care Bucks (ECB's).

Walgreens doesn't have a card (though I have heard they are moving towards that approach). They do have amazing coupons in their ads. You don't have to get their ad to use the coupons. Look up the ad online and then just go to the store, they will let you use the one behind the counter. Walgreens gives out something similar to ECB's called Register Rewards (RR's).

Here is what I was able to get at CVS and Walgreens this week:

CVS
Candy for my work (2 bags of Lifesavers Mints, 2 bags of starbursts and 2 bags of Peanut M & M's for a party --------> Paid $15 got $5 in ECB's = $10 for Candy

Crest Whitening Toothpaste --------> Paid $2.99 got $2 in ECB's = $.99 for Toothpaste

Walgreens
4/12 packs of Dr. Pepper Soday --------> Paid $11 got $2 in RR's used $1 off coupons =$8 for 4 12 packs!
Cheezit's ------> Coupon in the ad for $.79
Gillette Fusion Razor for Men ------> Paid $9.99 got $3 RR's used $4 off coupon = $2.99

Now when you are first starting out you will pay out of pocket a little bit more money. Like this week I paid out of pocket ($35.56) however next week when I go to CVS and Walgreens I will have ($12 to use towards my purchases).

Plus at CVS they have a Kiosk where you can print off coupons to use that day and usually they coincide with what is on sale!

See how fun this can be! Eventually you can get to the point where you are getting necessity items for FREE!

To learn more about the "Drug Store Game" Click HERE

3 comments:

Vee said...

I see you are becoming a bargain shopper! I love it! Miss you Kati, glad things are going well for ya.

Kirsten Alana said...

Oh man, what AWESOME tips for saving money!! Sure wish we had CVS in Ohio...... I guess that's one more thing to dislike about the Buckeye state, just when I was making a concerted effort to like it more!

Unknown said...

in case you forgot... you still have a blog. UPDATE!! :)

thank you.