May 21, 2009

Surprise Trip to Michigan

This past weekend Phil and I made the trip to Michigan to visit with my family. Monday was my sisters birthday and my grandpa and cousin Taylors birthdays are this week. I wanted to drive up a surprise my sister for her birthday. I was certain that she would somehow find out about the trip but she didn't!

I was next door with the kids when she pulled in the driveway from work. I walked out on to the back porch and yelled "HEY!" she looked over with the most confused look on her face, then she got excited! It was fun!

Friday evening we ordered in Chinese from Kams! My parents go there so often for carryout that Mr. and Mrs. Kam know them by name. When I called to order our food he said "Twice this week". It was pretty funny! We played a game of Settlers of Cataan and went to Dairy Deluxe for Ice Cream with Almond Crunch topping!

Saturday morning we woke up and had coffee and donuts in the house (since it was raining) with the neighbors and then went to the garage sales in Huntington Woods. After getting several free books from the sales Phil and I headed out to Eric and Natalie's new house for lunch! Here we are hanging out with Melaina:

It was so great to spend time with good friends and we look forward to their visit in June!

Saturday evening we went to dinner at Leo's Coney Island. I LOVE Coney dogs and Greek Salads and Chili fries and A & W is as close as you get to a "Coney Island" in Lafayette. It is quite sad actually. How could you not want to eat this everyday?


After stuffing ourselves we headed downtown for the Tigers Game. The weather was a bit cool but it was sunny! The Tigers won 9-1 so that made it even more fun. They are in first place in their division!



Sunday we went to church at Lake Orion. It was so wonderful to see all of our friends and family there! Afterward we had a birthday party/watch the Red Wings Game Party for my sister, Grandpa and cousin Taylor. We had a lot of food again!

We were able to meet up with some friends from college for lunch after church and again at the Detroit Hoedown. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that! It was really neat. We were able to see Willie Nelson live in concert before going to Leo's for the 2nd time in one weekend for a midnight snack!

Overall we had a great time. We were able to see friends and family, enjoy yummy food and even stock up on Trader Joes food!

1 comment:

Kirsten Alana said...

I haven't been to a Tiger's game at all in the last 2 years and I miss it SO much!

Glad you got to enjoy Leo's. We don't have anything like it in Ohio either - so I have to make sure and get my fill when I am visiting my mom in MI!!