October 8, 2008

Freedom!

This morning I was able to drive my own car to work. Don't take this the wrong way, I am so grateful to live close to work and for the fact that I am married to a kind man who woke up 2 hours early to drive me in to work everyday last week, BUT it was VERY nice to have my own car back.

I was in a small accident last week that left my car in the shop. 6200 bucks later and I can drive myself to work again!

I like to be in control... (see posts in the past)and so not driving and sitting in the passenger seat is quite difficult for me. I didn't let Phil drive me anywhere for at least the first 6 months of our relationship if not longer. His parents had to make up an elaborate lie just to get me to allow Phil to drive his clunker home 2 winters ago so they could give him his new car for his birthday! I was livid and annoying (the fact that we broke down on the way didn't help) but in the end it was worth it.

Anyways, it was nice to have my own car back and have the control over how fast I drive, what side of the road I use, etc. I am being a LOT more cautious now though.

No comments: