April 1, 2014

Brother Sister Love


I love watching Joel and Millie interact. Sure Millie really doesn't do much but smile at Joel but it is adorable. Joel is really starting to show an interest in Millie and it is really fun. Here are just a few examples:

  • Yesterday we went outside to play while Millie was upstairs taking her morning nap. When we got to the door Joel yelled back inside "bye Millie".
  • Whenever I am buckling Joel in the car and Millie isn't in there he points to her seat and says "Millie?" in a sad tone.
  • He sometimes doesn't know where she is like if she is napping or in her swing and he says "Where are you Millie?"
  • He loves to hold her hand.
  • He loves to lay next to her on the couch or play mat
  • Occasionally he asks to hold her
  • He gives her kisses, or slams his forehead in to hers, however you want to interpet that loving gesture :) 
  • He shares his taggie, drinks, play food, toys with her
  • He wants her to "Come Me" with him when he leaves the room and she doesn't
Tonight was by far the cutest thing that has happaned to date. I left the two of them in his room while I went to get something for bedtime routine out of the bathroom. When I came back he had his favorite library book propped up and was reading to Millie. When I walked in he announced this to me with a HUGE grin on his face. It melted my heart! I can't wait for him to share his love of reading with Millie. I prayer for them to love  and for him to adjust to being a big brother and I think both of those prayers have been answered. I can't wait to watch them continue to develop a relationship with one another.

Here are a few pictures of the two of them together:










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love watching Joel dote on Millie... and watching Millie light up when he does! :)