October 18, 2011

Fall Camping Trip :)


This past weekend we went camping with some of our students at Clifty Fall State Park just outside Madison Indiana. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect, a tad chilly after my 5am bathroom run, but other then that it was great. Not too warm and not a cloud in the sky. It was nice to camp at a time when you actually want/need the campfire to keep you warm. In the morning we ventured in to town for some coffee and downtown exploring. Madison is a very cute little town. After a quick hot dog lunch we took a 6 mile hike around the park. The picture above is proof that I hiked up that hill while 4 and a half months pregnant! I think fall camping is one of my new favorite activities.

Speaking of fall, it has officially arrived. Our backyard grass can no longer be seen due to the massive amount of leaves that were dumped on it this week. The rain has set in today and the temps are barely creeping above 50. It isn't my ideal fall weather but at least I can cuddle up with a blanket and a hoodie and not sweat.

I promise to have better baby bump pictures next week. My friend Kelsey has graciously offered to take some for me this weekend while we still have a few fall colors left on the trees. I have faith that she will be able to capture the baby bump in all its glory.

For now I will leave you with a baby update, enjoy!


Little Monkey Update::
How far along?
23 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs gained
Maternity clothes? I am in LOVE with my maternity jeans but so far have been able to keep wearing my same shirts. I still spend a lot of times in yoga pants though!
Stretch marks? Yup :)
Sleep: Still getting up to go potty. I can no longer sleep on my belly but have been able to prop myself up on my side and sleep comfortably for the most part.
Best moment this week: Hiking in the state park
Miss Anything? I am still missing working out. However a friend lent me a yoga and salsa dancing tape for pregnant women and I have been doing that occasionally.
Movement: all day long. Its the neatest feeling
Food cravings: Last week I had a craving for tater tots. This week my snack of choice is carrots and ranch.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.
Have you started to show yet: Yup. Officially showing!
Gender: don't know yet
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to:
The arrival of our neighbor Baby Kerkhof in just 9 days :)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

no pressure or anything :)