January 7, 2011

Happy birthday Holly!

This blog post is dedicated to my dear friend Holly.


Today is her birthday and while she is traveling to Indiana at a youth rally we once again will not be able to meet up. However I know she will be spending her birthday weekend with people she loves doing something she loves!

Holly and I have known each other for almost 7 years but we didn't really spend much time getting to know each other until I had already graduated from college. I don't even remember how it happened but somehow we ended up in a Bible study together with 2 other girls. We met once a week at Caribou Coffee in Troy to discuss the Bible and spend time in prayer together. It is today one of my favorite memories. I grew so much with those girls and they were a huge part of my life for those 2 years! Holly and I grew extra close because we were both at the time planning our weddings. Holly was married to her best friend, Jon in April and I was married to Phil the following August. It was fun to talk wedding plans and then celebrate with one another on our big days. It has been even more of a blessing to have a friend to talk with as we go through the stages of newly married. While Holly lives 6 hours away I still feel that she is one of my closest friends. She challenges me to be more positive in life and to continual seek out ways that I can be more Christlike in my life.

Holly, I pray that you will see the blessing you are to so many people. I pray that you will have a fabulous birthday. I pray that this year brings joy and not heartbreak.
Happy birthday friend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awww Holly is the sweetest! Happy birthday!