This weekend Phil and I set aside some time to take a trip to Indy for some shopping at Costco and a date night at our favorite restaurant - P.F. Changs.
We needed to make a Costco Run first. Phil was less than thrilled about this part but I think he is FINALLY starting to see that we can save some serious money if planned correctly. We stopped by the bank to get some cash for Costco. I had priced out several items and had a strict list and budget. Here is what we got...
- 2lbs. sugar snap peas
- 5 lbs frozen organic french style green beans
- 6 heads of Organic Romaine Lettuce
- 12 6oz. cans organic tomato paste
- 12 15oz. cans organic tomato sauce
- 8 15 oz. cans organic diced tomatoes
- 6 32oz. containers organic chicken broth
- 2 lbs. organic butter
- 12 lbs. organic short grain brown rice
- an industrial sized container of taco seasoning
- 48 oz box of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
- 13.5 lbs. baking soda
- 32 rolls of Toilet Paper
- Golden Eye for the Wii ($8 coupon) the game only cost $36 and it is NEW!
The Grand Total was............. $151.32
After our mega savings trip to Costco we headed farther east to Keystone Crossing Mall. Upon arriving at P.F. Changs we realized that the Colts were playing at Home in 2 hours...so the wait was SUPER long. We decided to take our chances and go to the mall first in hopes that the wait would be shorter the closer we got to game time. I spent some Christmas money at the mall. I finally bought the salad dressing container I have been wanting for a few years from Crate and Barrel. We drooled over our favorite dining room tables that we will never be able to afford and visited a few others stores. We finished our trip to the mall with a stop for Cheesecake to go at the Cheesecake Factory! We played our cards right and only had to wait 20 minutes to get a table at P.F. Changs. We enjoyed our favorite meal: Lettuce Wraps, Chicken Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Chicken! We made sure to order just enough to bring some home for lunch the next day and save room for the cheesecake waiting for us in the car.
Overall it was an excellent evening. We are now relaxed and ready to kick off the Spring semester with the college students!