May 28, 2010

The update to beat all updates

I am ashamed that I have neglected my blog for so long. I am sure my "faithful" readers are dying to hear from me - all 2 of you. We have really been enjoying the spring/summer months! The weather here pretty much skipped right over spring and went to 80 and sunny! It has been fabulous! I spend my days working on our couch in the living room with the windows open and K-love playing on the radio. It is great!

We ended the Purdue school year with a bang. We had the 13th annual Original Rootbeer Kegger on April 25th. It was a blast even if it did POUR down rain for several hours before, during and after. About 100 students came out to enjoy rootbeer, popcorn, cotton candy and fellowship. Alot of our Elmwood family braved the weather and came out to meet and fellowship with the Purdue students as well.




That next weekend we said goodbye to two of our seniors, Amanda Wise and Erin Simmerman, at the CSC Senior Banquet. Phil and I have really enjoyed the group of students this year! We really bonded and made some great memories. We are looking forward to the 2010-2011 school year!

We have been spending some quality time with some of our favorite people now that our evenings are free. I have been having some awesome conversations with this lovely lady, Jen!


We have spent some serioky and crew! We were able to go to Annabelle's softball game the other night and we had a sleepover together a few weeks ago! These little kiddos are just the BEST!

The flowers in the yard are in full bloom. It is really fun to see the flowers we planted last year come up again this year. They are so much larger. Last year mom brought me one pink lilly and this year there are 7! Our vegetable garden is doing really well also. We have 2 blackberry bushes, 1 rasberry bushes, 2 rhubarb plants and 4 tomatoes (that came back from last year). We purchased a 10 by 20 foot plot at the community garden this year as well. There we planted 2 rows of green beans, 2 rows of sugar snap peas, a row of carrots and onions. We also have cauliflower, broccolli and mini belle peppers! We cannot wait to start eating our fresh veggies!

I am off to the lake now with some of the students from the CSC. It will be fun to relax in the sun together for 3 whole days!

No comments: