April 21, 2010

Past Events: Easter Sunday


I started but never finished a blog post about Easter with my family....

My parents and my sister came down this weekend to celebrate Easter with us. This is the second year in a row that they have been able to join us and it has been a great tradition. This year the weather was BEAUTIFUL! On Friday we all headed over to the Purdue Driving Range to try out Phil's new golf clubs then mom and dad played 18 holes while Phil went to work and Krysten and I hit the town shopping! I introduced her to McCalisters baked potatoes and sweet tea then we shopped at Gormans, Target and Meijer! That night we went to dinner at LaScala, a really nice italian restaurant in downtown Lafayette! It was yummy!

Saturday it rained in the morning which made going to garage sales interesting but we were still able to get a few good deals! We went to lunch at Route 66 since it was featured on the Food Network and ended the afternoon with some antiqueing. Mom, Krysten and I made the traditionally stop at Hobby Lobby and then all of us headed out to Chumleys to watch the Butler vs. Michigan State game. Dad was asked to be interviewed and ended up on the TV-18 11pm news!

Sunday we all went to church as a family. It was really nice to introduce them to more of our church family! After church we enjoyed a lovely lunch of Ham, Green Beans, Asparagus and Cheesy Potatoes! We ate off the china for the 2nd time! It was really nice to have my family here!

No comments: