April 2, 2010

Lent

There are only two more days until the end of Lent. I have done pretty well with not eating chocolate. Although there is a delicious looking chocolate chip cheesecake in my fridge that I want to eat! Courtesy of Carol Bell! I only 'cheated" once while I was in Hersey. I couldn't not have a milkshake! Other than that I haven't really eaten chocolate. A few times at LIFE group we would have chocolate and I would have a bit since it was Sunday. I have missed it a lot more than I thought I would. It is the perfect thing to give up for Lent for me. It forces me to be more conscious! You don't realize how difficult it is to go to parties and be places where chocolate is and not be able to just go over and grab a handful of chocolate. Many times I would have to stop myself and think and pray for God to give me strength!

Sunday we are having chocolate Trifle for dessert and I am excited to have some. I am going to try and eat less chocolate and be more conscious of what sweets I am eating throughout the year and then the plan is to give up chocolate again for Lent in 2011.

No comments: