January 23, 2010

Pantry Challenge Update

We are almost to the end of the month and I am stocked up on produce, eggs, milk and cheese. I have several meals left to make out of the freezer and the pantry and about $7 left of my $75 grocery budget.

Last night we had a few friends over for Black Bean Casserole and I even had enough left to put 4 servings worth in the freezer for another time. Tonight we are having Turkey Tetrazzini tonight which will make enough for one to go into the freezer.

This morning at Meijer we purchased several items for great deals! I got 2 large boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats for $1.75 a piece. We also got a 50 oz bottle of All detergent for $2.00 and 3 more at $3 for the food pantry. Post Cereal was 99 cents and Colgate was 5/$5.

This afternoon I am heading to Aldi to get some Olive Oil and see what else I can find for cheap. I have never been to Aldi before so I am pretty excited!

No comments: