September 21, 2009

Workout

This evening I went with my friend Kelsey to join a local gym. It is called Club City Fit. I have been wanting to get back to the gym for awhile now and to get back in the shape I was in before my wedding! I was looking for someplace close, cheap and non intimidating. I think I have found all of that in City Fit! Tonight was my first night and I didn't feel intimidated at all. There were only like 10 people there the entire night. All the equipment had easy to read instructions on it. The best part by far was the TV programming.

A few months ago Phil and I made the decision to get rid of cable. We wanted to put that money towards some student loans and we were finding we didn't really have time to watch it much anyway. It didn't really phase me at first but now that Fall is here I miss some of my favorite shows. Top Chef started a few weeks ago and I was really sad that we can no longer watch it online. (silly Bravo). Most of all though I miss HGTV. I was an addict to House Hunters and various other shows. My mom and I would watch it everynight from roughly 7-9pm while we did various chores and wedding planning tasks.

Back to the gym.....they have HGTV and TLC playing on their TVs and you can plug your headphones in at the Elliptical and listen to the audio as well. It was fabulous and quite the motivater! I worked on the stair stepper for 10 minutes as a warm up and then moved over to the Elliptical just as a new House Hunters was coming on. I was so excited to watch it and see the house that they chose that I didn't even realize that I had run 2 miles in a half hour! It was fabulous! 7 to 8pm is my new workout time so I can catch up on House Hunters!