February 18, 2011

Grinding our own Wheat

Call me crazy but this *new* trend of grinding your own wheat REALLY intrigues me. It is the hot topic on several of the blogs I read about simple living/real whole foods. It is cheaper, tastier and some say more nutritious. You can click here to read more about the nutritious value. I am not sold enough to spend the $250 on a grain mill but I have started putting some money aside from my monthly fun money to save up to one day buy one and a bread machine as well. However I am intrigued enough to know that if I were to win a grain mill particularly a Nutrimill I would be VERY excited.

So, I have entered to win one over at one of my current favorite blogs - Kitchen Stewardship. You can enter to win one too by clicking the following link - WIN A GRAIN MILL!

I have been reading Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and learning more about grains, soaking your grains, spelt, etc. My brain is a bit fried. If you want to start small though I suggest starting at Katie's site with this article about the different types of wheat and what they contribute to our bodies.

Enjoy!

No comments: