December 10, 2008

Christmas Fun!

I know that it is supposed to be wordless Wednesday but who can resist a fun survey about Christmas?! Not me! My friend Kari posted this. Read my answers and then have fun doing it yourself!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I prefer Hot Cocoa with Peppermint or Plain. I just don’t like Egg Nog!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Our presents were always wrapped. My mom or one of us would actually pick out and buy the wrapping paper. When Santa got there he’d wrap our gifts in it  How nice of him!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? My dad is all for the bigger the better however I disagree. I like candles in the windows and few WHITE lights around the roof or on a tree and that is it  I’m cheap what can I say!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not at my house!

5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually decorate the weekend of or weeken after Thanksgiving. Phil and I put our tree up that next Monday.

((Here is my ever hilarious friend Kari’s answer - Whenever I can. I think a better question would be "when do you take your decorations down?" to which I answer, "three years later when I move out of the house.")) She is quite funny. I would agree though my parents always had our tree up well into January sometimes even until winter break in February!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cheesy Potatoes!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Christmas at the beach with my grandparents, parents, Uncle Jamie and cousins!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don’t remember. I do have a vivid memory of staying up with my glow in the dark ring and seeing Santa walk by my door in to our dining room though….

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes PJ’s. Bekka and I usually exchange on Christmas Eve!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? My mom unwraps, we usually tell a story or laugh about an ornament, then my sister dictates where it goes on the tree… shes an engineer.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!

12. Can you ice skate? Sure can. I took skating lessons for quite sometime and almost joined a team until I learned how expensive it was!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm…I remember when I got CK One Perfume. It was the “in” thing that year! I got a globe one year also Kari!

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with the family. It is one of the only times my dad and moms entire families get together!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Aunt Linda’s Cookies and Candy!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hines Drive Light Show!

17. What tops your tree? Precious Moments Angel!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like both. I love it when I come up with the perfect gift for someone. I get so excited go give it to them and see their reaction. It is fun!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas! Especially when sung by my friend Patrick and 12 4 year olds at the Daycare Christmas Program!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like the half circle part or sucking them until they turn into a sword. By then I am usually sick of it and I throw it away.

21. What do you want for Christmas? Coffee! I have a feeling I may be getting it too ; )

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? My house the Saturday before Christmas with my Dad’s Family, My Grandma’s House the Sunday before Christmas with my mom’s family and the Beachams for Christmas Eve. My dad also likes to Pop in so don’t be surprised it was show up on your door for your Christmas party 

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? Usually PJ’s and then we get dressed after breakfast but sometimes we stay in PJS all day. I used to wear my bathing suit on Christmas before we started staying in MI for the day.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Negative!

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My FAMILY!

**Now, I am to tag some others who will answer the questions and pass the tag along !!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I always forget that you have a blog! I'm going to add you to my frequent reader list, that's for sure!

And I LOVE your blog layout!!!!!

Naomi said...

I tagged you first!